From launch to escrow in 4 days: A spotlight on the Milligan Way
We could not be more proud of our highly successful sale of 12752 Sandy Crest Court in Carmel Valley, a coastal family-friendly neighborhood located near our own Compass HQ in San Diego. This is a great example of how we are counted upon by clients, again and again, to come through with results. And in this case, we raised the bar for ourselves in the process as this one sold fast! Here’s a brief case study and checklist demonstrating how important the preparation phase is for achieving the best possible outcome.
Client: We had the pleasure to represent this homebuyer in finding their own dream home in Rancho Santa Fe. This was the place they spent many years growing their family. They counted on us to find their new dream home and lead the process to get their former house ready to market.
The House: Located in the highly desirable Estates of Carmel Valley, this home welcomed new buyers to the community lifestyle including nearby clubs, beaches, excellent school district, parks and amenities.
The Challenge: The house needed some significant updates to make it market-ready including paint, carpet and curb appeal.
Our strategy: To best attract our target buyers in this affluent neighborhood, our team lead by Garret Milligan, took a hands-on approach to coordinate craftsman, painters and vendors to prepare for launch. We spent many hours on-site at the home to ensure a seamless experience which resulted in success beyond measure.
Start to finish:
- Renderings of home floorplan drafted by architect
- Fresh paint, exterior front door handles & lockset, new carpet
- Staging to show how each room flows, thoughtfully designed
- Coming soon hand-deliveries to neighborhood
- Drone video showing home and proximity to open space, parks and community
- Professional photography showing interior-designed home ready for move-in
Launch on April 29:
- Open House weekend launch with Compass community hosting open houses throughout the Carmel Valley neighborhood
- Managing private tours for interested buyers
Sold 4 days later:
- Managed multiple offers with many over asking price
- 24-day escrow. Sold on May 2 and escrow closed successfully, on time.
- Sold for $25K over asking price
Sold! Our client, the seller, was thrilled as were the new home owners. We feel confident our team came through every step along the way.